Your teeth play a vital role in everyday life. From a functional viewpoint, your teeth enable you to chew food effectively and provide structure to your mouth. Aesthetically, having damaged or missing teeth can impact your appearance, and your mouth may appear sunken. Teeth also play a crucial role in self-confidence. If you have teeth that are damaged or missing, your self-esteem may be impacted. Missing and damaged teeth may leave you feeling concerned about your appearance, and you may avoid smiling.
The great news is that damaged and missing teeth do not need to prevent you from enjoying everyday life without being afraid to eat what you like and be concerned about smiling in public. Choosing either dental implants or dentures can help restore your smile and let you get on with living your life. But, the question is, dental implants vs dentures, which one is best? Here are the advantages of both dentures and dental implants to help you decide.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are fitted into the bone and then fitted with a crown, meaning they do not need to be removed.
- You can treat dental implants like your usual teeth by brushing them twice each day and flossing your teeth regularly.
- Dental implants are suitable for people that have enough supporting bone to accommodate them.
- Dental implants can make chewing easier and more comfortable.
- Dental implants are a popular choice among younger people, as they are long-lasting.
Advantages of Dentures
- Dentures can be an excellent way to regain your smile if you do not like the idea of having implants fixed into your bone.
- Dentures are removed for easy cleaning each night, so you will not need to brush them like regular teeth.
- Rather than being screwed in place, dentures are held in place with special denture adhesive.
- Dentures can be fitted even if your bone density is low and unable to support dental implant posts.
Contact Prevention Dental to Discuss Dental Implants VS Dentures
At Prevention Dental, in Boise, Idaho, we want each of our patients to feel great about their smiles, which is why we offer both dental implants and dentures to our patients. Choosing dental implants vs dentures is very much a personal choice and depends on both your preference and the viability of each option.
When you visit Prevention Dental for your consultation, we will talk you through your options to help you make an informed decision on dental implants vs dentures so you can select the right choice for you.
If you are deciding between dental implants vs dentures in Boise, Idaho, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Prevention Dental. We will be happy to discuss your choices in more detail and assess whether you are best suited to dentures or dental implants.
Call our friendly team at Prevention Dental today to help you with your denture and dental implant needs in Boise, Idaho. Contact us at (208) 375-4041.